Set your own target FX rate
Trading foreign currencies? Only want to convert money at a certain exchange rate? Set up an FX limit order and leave it to us to monitor the market for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from our phone banking service. We'll convert funds for you automatically once your target rate is available.
How it works
With FX Order Watch, you can:
- Save your time from tracking the market price of foreign exchange ,convert funds automatically at your target rate in system.
- The price in foreign exchange transaction is set by you, Call center takes trading orders 7 days a week, 24-hours a day.
- You can keep track of the changes in the international foreign exchange market and the opportunities from fluctuations all day long.
Things to know
The FX Order Watch service is exclusively available to HSBC Premier and HSBC Advance customers who have foreign currency accounts.
Cost of the service
There is no transaction fees and charges for the usage of this service.
Use the service
If you have already registered for online banking, you can log on now.
Come and see us in a branch to set up your FX limit order.
Leave us your contact details and our Wealth Manager will be in touch with you.
Call us on (02) 8072-3000
- Customers can apply for the trade instruction or cancellation of FXOW transaction at any of the authorized foreign exchange bank branch or call center in HSBC Taiwan during the bank’s regular opening hours (excluding national holidays, holidays announced by government, and the days HSBC Taiwan is not opened for banking services to comply with regulation). The regular banking hours for HSBC Taiwan branches designated for foreign exchange is 9:00am to 3:30pm and a telephone service in call center is available 24-hours a day. Customers may give instructions related to FXOW service during these hours. In the event of computer system failure or force majeure, to the extent that HSBC Taiwan cannot provide such services, the FXOW may be temporarily halted.
- FXOW only involves foreign currencies and exclude the conversion of TWD. Currently, USD, CAD, EUR, GBP, HKD, JPY, AUD, NZD, CHF, and SGD are covered by FXOW.
- “FXOW Foreign Exchange Limit Order” refers to a trade order with minimum amount of the equivalent of USD 20,000 and the maximum amount of the equivalent of USD 1 million in any particular transaction and shall be subject to change in line with the policy of HSBC Taiwan.
- “FXOW Order Execution Alert”- For orders that are not expired and target price is not reached, customers can set ”FXOW Order Execution Alert” when FXOW order is executed. Customers can set up to 10 notifications and may keep track on the outstanding FX Rate Alert record via in- branch wealth management staffs or call center.
- Foreign currency exchanges may have either opportunity or risk due to exchange rate fluctuations. Customers shall take relevant constraints and relevant loss and risks that come from foreign exchanges (including but not limited to the risks of prices, exchange rates, political situations or country/territory risks). This includes the possible risks derived from the conversion of the currency being invested to the original currency or other currencies. The maximum loss shall be the principal in full amount plus the interest. The level of the exchange rate at any time does not guarantee a favorable return on investment. Customers are strongly advised to assess their individual needs of foreign currencies, the actual return of interest and the losses from the reversal of the exchange rate of the currencies at maturity. HSBC Taiwan does not claim any responsibility for losses or any guarantees of return.
You might be interested in
Get a single, online view of all your worldwide HSBC accounts from home or abroad. Use the service to transfer money between your globally linked accounts quickly – and with no transfer fees.
Recurrent Foreign Exchange Service
Foreign exchange market is moving rapidly, thus you are not able to convert at the lowest price every time you wish. Besides finding the best foreign exchange timing whenever you need, you can also use Recurrent Foreign Exchange Service in advance. Through Recurrent Foreign Exchange Service, you can spread your foreign exchange risks and average your foreign exchange costs.
Read FAQs for foreign exchange.