Table of contents:
Our privacy principles
The HSBC Bank (Taiwan) Limited ("we", "us" "our") builds its business on trust between our customers and ourselves. To preserve the confidentiality of all personal data you provide to us, we maintain the following privacy principles:
- We only collect personal data that we believe to be relevant and required to understand your financial needs and to conduct our business
- We use your personal data to provide you with better customer services and products
- We may pass your personal data to other members of the HSBC Group or our respective agents, as permitted by law
- We will not disclose your personal data to any external organisation unless we (i) have your consent or (ii) are required by law or (iii) have previously informed you
- We may be required from time to time to disclose your personal data to Governmental or judicial bodies or agencies or our regulators, but we will only do so under proper authority
- We aim to keep your personal data on our records accurate and up-to-date
- We maintain strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorized access to your personal data by anyone, including our staff
- All members of the HSBC Group, all our staff and all third parties with permitted access to your personal data are specifically required to observe our confidentiality obligations
By maintaining our commitment to these principles, we at HSBC will ensure that we respect the inherent trust that you place in us.
Your privacy matters to us
This section provides specific details of how we treat any personal data you provide us when you visit this website ("Site").
- Security is our top priority. We will strive at all times to ensure that your personal data will be protected against unauthorized or accidental access, processing or erasure. We maintain this commitment to data security by implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure your personal data.
- The secure area of this Site supports the use of 128-bit Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption technology - an industry standard for encryption over the Internet to protect data. When you provide sensitive information such as credit card details, it will be automatically converted into codes before being securely dispatched over the Internet.
- Our web servers are protected behind"firewalls" and our systems are monitored to prevent any unauthorized access.
- We will not send personal data to you by ordinary email. As the security of ordinary email cannot be guaranteed, you should only send email to us using the secure email facility on this Site.
We will take all practical steps to ensure that personal data will not be kept longer than necessary and that we will comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements in the Republic of China concerning the retention of personal data.
- Both you and us play an important role in safeguarding against online fraud.
- You should be careful that your account details (including your username and password) are not compromised. You should ensure that you do not knowingly or accidentally share, provide or facilitate unauthorized use of such details. Do not share your username or password or allow access or use of your username or password by others.
- You should safeguard your username and password and keep them secret and confidential. Never write them down. We will never ask you for your password given that you should be the only person who knows it.
- When choosing your username and password, do not use easily identifiable information such as your birthday, telephone number or a recognizable part of your name.
- If you think your username or password has been disclosed to another person, is lost or stolen or an unauthorized transaction has been conducted, you are responsible for informing us immediately.
- If, in the unlikely event, an unauthorized transaction has been conducted through your account through no fraud, fault or negligence on your part, we will see that you are covered for your direct loss up to the full amount of the unauthorized transaction.
We may record your visit to this Site for analyzing the number of visitors to this Site, general usage patterns and your personal usage patterns. We may gather some of this information through the use of"cookies". Cookies are small bits of information that are automatically stored on your web browser in your computer that can be retrieved by this Site. Cookies are useful because they allow us to recognize your device and they store information about your use of this Site, thus enabling us to provide more useful features to you, to tailor the content of our website to suit your interests Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. If you prefer, you can set your browser to disable cookies or to inform you when they are set. By disabling cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of this Site, including HSBC Online Banking.
If you accept cookies, you will be acknowledging that your information is being collected, stored, accessed and used as outlined above.
We may also work with third parties to research certain usage and activities on this Site for us. The third party, Adobe Analytics, uses technologies such as cookies, spotlight monitoring and web beacons to collect information for this research. Adobe Analytics uses the information collected through such technologies (i) to find out more about users of this Site, including user demographics and behaviour and usage patterns, (ii) for more accurate reporting and (iii) to improve the effectiveness of our marketing. Adobe Analytics aggregates the information collected and then share it with us. No personally identifiable information about you is collected or shared by Adobe Analytics with us as a result of this research. Should you wish to disable the cookies associated with such technologies, you may change the setting on your browser. However, you may not be able to enter certain parts of this Site, including without limitation to HSBC Internet Banking.
- Occasionally we may collect personal data from you when you visit this Site or when you participate in a contest or promotion (whether online, over the telephone or at one of our branches). We only collect personal data from you if you voluntarily provide it to us. We may use your personal data to inform you of products, services and other marketing materials which we think may be of interest to you. We may also invite you to participate in market research and surveys and other similar activities.
- You can choose to receive marketing and other promotional materials by email and you may opt out from receiving these materials at any time.
- If at any time you would like us to stop sending you direct mailings, please contact us by calling:
Call us on (02) 6616-6000 (local) or +886 2 6616 6000 (Overseas)
We will then, at no cost to you, act on your request (exclusive of the data already processed prior to our receipt of your instruction) and ensure not to include you in future direct marketing promotions.
- If we do ask you to provide your personal data, we will always specify the purposes for which such personal data is collected and ensure that it is only used for the purposes specified at the time of collection.
Our information collection statement
HSBC Bank (Taiwan) Limited
Letter of Advice on Collecting, Processing and Using Personal Data
HSBC Bank (Taiwan) Limited (“HSBC”),for the purpose of (1) processing transactions with HSBC, (2) providing suitable products and services information, (3) meeting the needs of business, finance, taxation, operation or risk management of HSBC (including, but not limited to, self or co-marketing, or online marketing or online advertising to you or to people who have a similar profile to you via internet or social media partners for purpose of conducting Retail Banking and Wealth Management business, statistic survey and analysis, internal control, management and audit, execution of anti-money laundering operation, and coordination with the investigation for antiterrorist sanctions and etc.), (4) fulfilling the purposes stated in the first Clause herein, or the various purposes as the registered business licensesor articles of incorporation of HSBC or any others permitted bylaws, (5) performing “Know Your Customer” procedure, (6) exchanging credit checking and financial information among banks and financial institutions, (7) providing the personal data collected to the objects identified in third Clause herein for the purposes permitted by its registered business lines, articles of incorporation or laws, and (8) engaging third parties to process the relevant affairs(see Attachment 1 for details), is entitled to gather, conduct processing, utilize and conduct international transmission of your personal data(please see second Clause herein for details) and is advising you of the following contents for your perusal in accordance with Personal Data Protection Act:
- Specific purposes for collection of personal data:
According to the “The Purposes Specified in Personal Data Protection Act and Category of Personal Data” promulgated by Ministry of Justice, HSBC collects your personal data for the specific purposes as Appendix 1.
- Category of personal data:
It is subject to the personal data that is actually collected by HSBC through the relevant businesses, accounts or services offered to you. HSBC collects your personal data based on the needs of respective businesses, accounts or services, and the data is categorized into ten types as the following according to the “The Purposes Specified in Personal Data Protection Act and Category of Personal Data” promulgated by Ministry of Justice:
- Identification C001 to C003 (e.g., name, telephone number, bank account number or credit card number, and ID No., etc.)
- Characteristics C011 to C013 (e.g., gender, and date of birth)
- Family status C021 to C024 (e.g., marital status, and name of spouse)
- Societal status C031 to C041 (e.g., residence, property and resident visa)
- Education, examination, technique or other expertise C051 to C053 (e.g., academic degree and profession)
- Employment C061 to C062, C064, C066 and C068 (e.g., employer, job title and salary)
- Financial information C081 to C089, C091 to C094 (e.g., total revenue, total income, loan, foreign exchange record, credit limit and details concerning insurance)
- Business information C101 to C103 (e.g., type of business)
- Health and others C111, C115 and C116, C118 (e.g., medical report, treatment and diagnostic record)
- Other information C131 to C132 (e.g., unclassified emails)
- Period, area, objects and method of use for personal data:
- Period: Duration of the specific purpose for collection of personal data, the expiration period required for business operation or defined for maintenance of information agreed under laws or contracts (e.g., Money Laundering Control Act and Business Entity Accounting Act, etc.), or the expiration period defined by HSBC (if longer than that defined by laws).
- Area: Local and foreign locations of the following objects.
- Objects: HSBC, other banks and financial institutions, corresponding financial institutions, correspondent banks, Joint Credit Information Center, National Credit Card Center of R.O.C., clearing houses, Financial Information Service Co., Ltd. credit card organizations, acquiring banks, credit guarantee organizations, Small and Medium Credit Guarantee Fund, Agricultural Credit Guarantee Fund, Financial Ombudsman Institution, TDCC, TWSE, GreTai Securities Market, Interbank Money Market Center, Insurance Company, Insurance Associations, Taiwan Insurance Institute, Taiwan Insurance Guaranty Fund, Taiwan Residential Earthquake Insurance Fund, Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation Fund, Insurance Anti-Fraud Institute, National Health Insurance Administration, outsourcing organizations or any third parties entering into cooperative or mandatory relationship with HSBC (including, but not limited to, the institutions commissioned to engage in market survey, or any internet or social media partner who is engaged to conduct online marketing or online advertising to you or to people who have a similar profile to you for purpose of conducting Retail Banking and Wealth Management business), receivers of personal data internationally transmitted who are not restricted by the central industrial competent authorities, HSBC’s counterparts engaging in co-marketing or co-promotion, any other institutions having business contact or trading with HSBC, competent authorities, financial supervisory authorities, parties wishing to acquire from or assign to HSBC any assets and liabilities, assume risk or proceed with merger (if any), HSBC’s parent company, The HongKong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, HSBC Holdings PLC and all its subsidiaries and affiliates thereof (hereinafter referred to as “HSBC Group Members” collectively), and any competent authorities, judicial or other governmental bodies which have jurisdiction over HSBC and HSBC Group Members in the R.O.C., the United Kingdom, Hong Kong and any other places.
- Method of use: By automated machine or any other non-automated means.
- According to Article 3 of Personal Data Protection Act, you may exercise the following rights against HSBC with respect to your personal data held by HSBC:
- Inquire or request to review or reproduce your personal data. HSBC shall, pursuant to laws, charge the necessary cost and expense;
- Request HSBC to supplement or correct your personal data. You shall exercise it with reasonable explanation in accordance with laws;
- Request HSBC to stop collection, processing or using, or to delete your personal data. However, HSBC shall, pursuant to laws, disregard the request if such data is mandated to execute relevant processes.
If you wish to exercise aforesaid rights, you may make the request via the HSBC Contact Centre, the branches or the Internet Banking, and HSBC will proceed with it per your request. If you won’t to receive any marketing materials, please call HSBC toll free number 0800-066-696 and our representative will help to proceed with it.
- You may choose to provide your personal data in your sole discretion:
You may choose to provide your personal data in your sole discretion. Provided that you refuse to provide your personal data, HSBC shall not be able to perform the necessary review and processing to offer the relevant services to you. HSBC may here by decline your application for relevant transactions or services.
- You agree that HSBC is entitled to amend the advice and to notify you of the outlined amendments and designated webpage, verbally, in writing, or via telephone, SMS, email, fax, e-document, branch and website, or in any other manners sufficient to enable you to know or perceive the amendments (including, but not limited to, providing the access to any website disclosing the details of advice in aforesaid manners). Please peruse the content on the designated webpage accordingly then.
- In case of any inconsistence between the terms and conditions contained in the contract or instrument entered into between you and HSBC previously with respect to collection, processing, using and international transmission of personal data and the “ Letter of Advice on Collecting, Processing and Using Personal Data”, this letter shall prevail.
- An English version of the “Letter of Advice on Collecting, Processing and Using Personal Data” is made to facilitate reference by foreign language users. In case of any discrepancy between the Chinese and English version of this agreement, the Chinese version shall prevail.
Appendix 1: Specific Purposes for Collection of Personal Data
Consultation and remedy under Privacy and Security Policy
Should you have any questions and comments on said Privacy and Security Policy, or should you be aware of any violation by relevant HSBC entities, please feel free to contact us via the following email box, or file a complaint via the same email box: email@example.com
Requests for access to data or correction of data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held should be addressed to:
HSBC Bank (Taiwan) Limited 13,14F, 333 Keelung Road, Sec. 1, Taipei 110, Taiwan
IMPORTANT: By accessing this website and any of its pages you are agreeing to the terms set out above. Thank you.