Table of contents:
Our privacy principles
The HSBC Bank (Taiwan) Limited ("we", "us" "our") builds its business on trust between our customers and ourselves. To preserve the confidentiality of all personal data you provide to us, we maintain the following privacy principles:
- We only collect personal data that we believe to be relevant and required to understand your financial needs and to conduct our business
- We use your personal data to provide you with better customer services and products
- We may pass your personal data to other members of the HSBC Group or our respective agents, as permitted by law
- We will not disclose your personal data to any external organisation unless we (i) have your consent or (ii) are required by law or (iii) have previously informed you
- We may be required from time to time to disclose your personal data to Governmental or judicial bodies or agencies or our regulators, but we will only do so under proper authority
- We aim to keep your personal data on our records accurate and up-to-date
- We maintain strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorized access to your personal data by anyone, including our staff
- All members of the HSBC Group, all our staff and all third parties with permitted access to your personal data are specifically required to observe our confidentiality obligations
By maintaining our commitment to these principles, we at HSBC will ensure that we respect the inherent trust that you place in us.
Your privacy matters to us
This section provides specific details of how we treat any personal data you provide us when you visit this website ("Site").
- Security is our top priority. We will strive at all times to ensure that your personal data will be protected against unauthorized or accidental access, processing or erasure. We maintain this commitment to data security by implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure your personal data.
- The secure area of this Site supports the use of 128-bit Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption technology - an industry standard for encryption over the Internet to protect data. When you provide sensitive information such as credit card details, it will be automatically converted into codes before being securely dispatched over the Internet.
- Our web servers are protected behind"firewalls" and our systems are monitored to prevent any unauthorized access.
- We will not send personal data to you by ordinary email. As the security of ordinary email cannot be guaranteed, you should only send email to us using the secure email facility on this Site.
We will take all practical steps to ensure that personal data will not be kept longer than necessary and that we will comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements in the Republic of China concerning the retention of personal data.
- Both you and us play an important role in safeguarding against online fraud.
- You should be careful that your account details (including your username and password) are not compromised. You should ensure that you do not knowingly or accidentally share, provide or facilitate unauthorized use of such details. Do not share your username or password or allow access or use of your username or password by others.
- You should safeguard your username and password and keep them secret and confidential. Never write them down. We will never ask you for your password given that you should be the only person who knows it.
- When choosing your username and password, do not use easily identifiable information such as your birthday, telephone number or a recognizable part of your name.
- If you think your username or password has been disclosed to another person, is lost or stolen or an unauthorized transaction has been conducted, you are responsible for informing us immediately.
- If, in the unlikely event, an unauthorized transaction has been conducted through your account through no fraud, fault or negligence on your part, we will see that you are covered for your direct loss up to the full amount of the unauthorized transaction.
We may record your visit to this Site for analyzing the number of visitors to this Site, general usage patterns and your personal usage patterns. We may gather some of this information through the use of"cookies". Cookies are small bits of information that are automatically stored on your web browser in your computer that can be retrieved by this Site. Cookies are useful because they allow us to recognize your device and they store information about your use of this Site, thus enabling us to provide more useful features to you, to tailor the content of our website to suit your interests Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. If you prefer, you can set your browser to disable cookies or to inform you when they are set. By disabling cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of this Site, including HSBC Online Banking.
If you accept cookies, you will be acknowledging that your information is being collected, stored, accessed and used as outlined above.
We may also work with third parties to research certain usage and activities on this Site for us. The third party, Adobe Analytics, uses technologies such as cookies, spotlight monitoring and web beacons to collect information for this research. Adobe Analytics uses the information collected through such technologies (i) to find out more about users of this Site, including user demographics and behaviour and usage patterns, (ii) for more accurate reporting and (iii) to improve the effectiveness of our marketing. Adobe Analytics aggregates the information collected and then share it with us. No personally identifiable information about you is collected or shared by Adobe Analytics with us as a result of this research. Should you wish to disable the cookies associated with such technologies, you may change the setting on your browser. However, you may not be able to enter certain parts of this Site, including without limitation to HSBC Internet Banking.
- Occasionally we may collect personal data from you when you visit this Site or when you participate in a contest or promotion (whether online, over the telephone or at one of our branches). We only collect personal data from you if you voluntarily provide it to us. We may use your personal data to inform you of products, services and other marketing materials which we think may be of interest to you. We may also invite you to participate in market research and surveys and other similar activities.
- You can choose to receive marketing and other promotional materials by email and you may opt out from receiving these materials at any time.
- If at any time you would like us to stop sending you direct mailings, please contact us by calling:
Call us on (02) 6616-6000 (local) or +886 2 6616 6000 (Overseas)
We will then, at no cost to you, act on your request (exclusive of the data already processed prior to our receipt of your instruction) and ensure not to include you in future direct marketing promotions.
- If we do ask you to provide your personal data, we will always specify the purposes for which such personal data is collected and ensure that it is only used for the purposes specified at the time of collection.
Our information collection statement
Consultation and remedy under Privacy and Security Policy
Should you have any questions and comments on said Privacy and Security Policy, or should you be aware of any violation by relevant HSBC entities, please feel free to contact us via the following email box, or file a complaint via the same email box: email@example.com
Requests for access to data or correction of data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held should be addressed to:
HSBC Bank (Taiwan) Limited 13,14F, 333 Keelung Road, Sec. 1, Taipei 110, Taiwan
IMPORTANT: By accessing this website and any of its pages you are agreeing to the terms set out above. Thank you.